About Soda Health
Soda Health is a healthcare technology company focused on building solutions which eliminate health inequities and create a healthier America. We provide a technology platform to administer benefits personalized to individual needs, delivered more cost-effectively. Our expertise in healthcare, retail and consumer experience provides us with the foundation for creating easy-to-use solutions with an experience which moves beyond transactional relationships to sustained engagement and overall health improvement. That is a win for everyone.
The Job at a Glance
You will be the first People Operations position at a fast-growing health-tech startup. Reporting directly to leadership, you will support a wide range of People-related activities to provide our employees exceptional experiences as Soda Health scales. This includes helping build and own processes, policies, and culture improvements to allow the team to excel. As a People athlete, you’ll be ready to switch between finding, developing, motivating, and retaining employees across your work. The role will push you to interface thoughtfully with all levels of our organization through both meaningfully engaging our employees, as well as serving as an advisor to senior leadership.
What You’ll Do
Working within a rapidly growing organization like Soda Health, no two days will look the same. Typical responsibilities of the role include:
- Act as Soda Health’s subject matter expert on all People topics
- Design new processes, policies, and benefits to support Soda Health’s growth; proactively enhance existing infrastructure to prepare the organization for scalability
- Provide your effort, structure, and support for hiring managers in the recruitment process; help cultivate a great reputation for Soda Health as an employer
- Build and lead a meaningful on-boarding experience for new hires; create processes to support employee off-boarding from the organization
- Operate day-to-day People functions, including payroll and benefits administration; ensure Soda Health remains compliant with all pertinent federal, state, and local regulations where we operate
- Augment Soda Health’s high-performance culture with evaluation, training/development, and recognition programs to support employees and managers
- Document Soda Health’s culture through creating important internal artifacts like an employee handbook
- Lead Soda Health’s efforts around diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) through all aspects of company culture, including hiring and employee training
- Engage and support employees by being an active listener and advocate for their needs; measure and continuously improve employee satisfaction
- Advise senior leadership on People decisions; perform research and provide useful data to help guide decision making
While every candidate brings a unique resume and prospective, an ideal candidate will include:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in People Operations or HR roles at a start-up or other relevant setting; prior positions in rapidly scaling organizations is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in all core People Operations topics, such as talent acquisition, benefits/payroll administration, employee relations/retention, and compliance; prior experience with employee management software a plus (we use Rippling today)
- Strong communicator and relationship cultivator who can successfully coach, influence, and partner with various levels of the organization; a high level of emotional intelligence is a must
- Passionate about supporting Soda Health’s people with compassion and humility while also having the grit to handle complex and sensitive matters like terminations
- Self-starting builder who is results-oriented, can embrace ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to building a diverse culture that is highly collaborative, strives to set and achieve goals together, and embraces transparency, innovation, and accountability
- A history of thriving in a hybrid-location environment, and mindfully building teams that succeed in our new future. Ability and willingness to work in a combination of remote and in-office environment, with occasional travel; the team meets several times per year in-person and has a physical presence in Chicago.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience strongly preferred; SHRM or HRCI-issued certification and/or MBA/advanced degree is a plus.
We’ll provide you with a competitive salary inclusive of a compelling compensation structure along with a meaningful equity opportunity. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and a 401(k) plan. We have a philosophy of providing a generous paid time off benefit to help you balance your life.
Soda Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States. Soda Health is unable to sponsor employment visas at this time.