Customer Service Lead
About Soda Health
Soda Health is a healthcare technology company focused on building solutions which eliminate health inequities and create a healthier America. We provide a technology platform to administer benefits personalized to individual needs, delivered more cost-effectively. Our expertise in healthcare, retail and consumer experience provides us with the foundation for creating easy-to-use solutions with an experience which moves beyond transactional relationships to sustained engagement and overall health improvement. That is a win for everyone.
Job at a Glance
You’ll be joining a small, yet mighty team that’s rapidly scaling and growing. In this role, you’ll be the point person for all things customer support for our end user. You’ll lead the design and operations of Soda Health’s customer support experience and work closely with our agile teams to drive the evolution of products that eliminate friction and delight users.
Typical responsibilities of the role include:
- Own the experience design for each of our customer service touchpoints, collaborating across Soda Health’s teams and contracted operations to develop a seamless customer journey that’s compliant with relevant healthcare and privacy regulations, including CMS guidance
- Act as a business process outsourcing (BPO) lead, managing the selection, implementation and operations of relevant third-party service providers
- Immerse yourself into the business to be a product expert and be fully knowledgeable of all internal processes and system integrations
- Develop and own scripts and training for customer service team members to provide efficiency and cohesiveness in service operations. Develop a knowledge base which can be used for internal customer support and external self-service
- Take proactive measures to stay ahead of trending issues, work closely with agile teams to resolve technical/operational issues and guide evolution of Soda Health products. Manage escalations as they occur
- Be available to answer any customer related escalated support tickets, working within Soda Health to ensure SLAs are being met and support tickets are being resolved in a timely and accurate manner
- Develop performance management KPIs, monitor operational reporting, and champion continuous improvement. Design and prepare customer service performance reports to satisfy client needs
- Select and implement appropriate support channels based on client needs. You will decide where self-service is the right choice and where a conversation with a person is required.
While every candidate brings a unique resume and prospective, an ideal candidate will include:
- A hands-on builder who is results-oriented, can embrace ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced environment where delivery failures could threaten the viability of the business; experience in a startup or standing up new operations from scratch within an existing business is strongly preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in customer service management, including staffing decisions (quality management; performance reviews; hiring; firing), as well as an excellent understanding of processes and technology engaged for customer support. As needed, you will directly serve customers; a past work history in a hands-on customer service role is a must. Experience in Salesforce, contact center training, and CMS regulated programs (e.g. Medicare) is a plus
- Effective and efficient organization and planning skills with the proven ability to manage complex multi-workstream projects or multiple concurrent client engagements, while delegating and overseeing the work where appropriate
- Impactful and professional written and verbal communication skills; ability to set clear project team direction and communicate effectively with various stakeholder groups (e.g. call center support agents, other product owners, client leadership)
- A clear passion for, if not experience in, addressing health inequities
- Commitment to building a diverse culture that is highly collaborative, strives to set and achieve goals together, and embraces transparency, innovation, and accountability
- Ability and willingness to work in a combination of remote and in-office environment, with occasional travel; primary work location is flexible, however the team meets occasionally in-person and has a physical office presence in Chicago, IL and Bentonville, AR
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience strongly preferred
We’ll provide you with a competitive salary inclusive of a compelling compensation structure along with a meaningful equity opportunity. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and a 401(k) plan. We have a philosophy of providing a generous paid time off benefit to help you balance your life.
Soda Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States. Soda Health is unable to sponsor employment visas at this time.